Hi friends,hope you all are doing good.Today’s recipe is ‘sev tamatar sabji’ . It is one of my favorite dish which is mostly prepared in Rajasthan and Madhya pardesh .
Sometimes we don’t want to eat any green vegetable, paneer or anything else at that you can prepared it and enjoy with family members.
The most important part of this dish is its basic spices which you can easily available at our house. Sev tamatar is very simple yet delicious recipe with easily available ingredents and give a nice change from our daily meal.
So let’s start making it…..
Steps to follow while making sev tamatar sabji:-
- Heat 2tsp oil and put 1/2tsp cumin seeds in it.
- Now add 1bowl onion paste and 1tsp garlic paste in it. Start stirring it.
- Stir until the smell of garlic paste fades away and then put dry spices (1/2tsp turmeric powder , 1/2tsp red chilli powder, 1tsp corriander powder and salt to taste) into it.
- Mix the spices properly for 5mins and add 1 chopped tomatoes in it.
- when the tomatoes are cooked properly with the spices then add 1glass of water for gravy.
- when it starts boiling then add 1bowl of sev in it.
- Cook it for 15minutes or which you see it becomes thick and close the gas flame.
- Sev tamatar sabji is ready to serve.Serve it roti or paratha whatever you like. It taste delicious with both of them.
Points to remember while making sev tamatar sabji :-
- Don’t cook it more 20 mins after adding the sev in gravy. Because it cooks very fast and becomes thick.
- If you like it more spicy food then you can add gram masala powder in it. But do remember sev itself contains many spices in it.
- Garam masala powder is optional in this recipe if you like it you can add it.