Hi friends,hope you all doing good and enjoying cooking. Today’s food recipe is very simple and easy to prepare at home which is ‘Aloo chokha’. When you take the name of aloo chokha you somehow start thinking about Bihar.
Bihar is famous for many reasons like its cultural, its festivals like chhat, most of Government officers are from Bihar only and many more things.
In this list I must add food. Yes, Bihar has its own cuisines which is not only famous but loved by all over the world. From that cuisine only I have brought one recipe.
Aloo chokha is very simple yet delicious side food of Bihar. You can have it with roti, chawal or litti . You can also use it as stuffing for sandwiches and paratha.
So let’s start the recipe by seeing what all ingredients we need.
- Boiled potatoes (aloo) -2
- Chopped onions-1
- Chopped garlic gloves-2
- Dry red chilli -1
- Salt- As per your taste
Steps to follow while making aloo chokha:-
- Heat a oil in pan.
- Put dry red chilly,choppechopped garlic gloves and chopped onions.
- Now start stirring until onions become golden brown.
- Put the salt and mix it properly.
- Now put boiled aloo and start mixing it by pressing them.
- At this point close the gas flame and wait to cool down. When it cools down mash it properly with hands or you can use masher also.
- Your aloo chokha is ready to serve.
Points to remember while making aloo chokha:-
- While mixing it crushed the red chilli properly if you want it spices .
- Mash it properly because it increases its taste.