Hi friends, welcome back again with new recipe of Mithila that is masoor dal ‘Bari gravy ‘. In my another post related to masoor dal recipe of Kachri in Mithila style I have given a some detail of Mithila but today i am going to tell you about Mithila food culture from that you will know the Mithila food culture.
Mithila food and Bari gravy
Mithila has its unique food culture. In mithila food plays a very important role in welcoming guest. Usually people eat 3 times a day but in mithila there is no fixed number of time to eat. In mithila fish and bari is the most important dish .So today i want to share the recipe of Masoor dal Bari gravy. In Mithila only the taste of food is not matter its represntation is also important.
Masoor dal Bari Garvy
In masoor dal bari garvy red masoor dal is use to make it. The whole masoor dal or sabut masoor is not use. It is a gravy which taste yummy with roti or rice but it takes some time to cook. With masoor dal only you can make manhy dishes. I specially love to eat bari without gravy. It is a type pakoda but without onion or another thing. Bari becomes very soft from inside.
Ingredients as per 4 people:-
- 250g Red Masoor dal
- 1 medium size chooped onion
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- cumin seeds
- 1/2tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2tsp coriander powder
- Salt as per your taste
- oil for frying bari and cooking
Method of cooking Masoor dal Bari Gravy:-
- Soak the Masoor dal about 5 hours. and after that make a fine paste with it .
- Put pinch of turmeric powder,red chilly powder and some salt and mix the batter.
- Heat the oil in the pan and put bari pakora in it and start frying it.
- Take out bari from oil after it becomes golden brown.
- Now take out extra oil from the pan and put cumin seeds, chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and all dry spices and start stirring it.
- After sometime put some water for gravy and let it boil.
- Now put bari into it and cook it for 15mins. After 15 mins. you can check it becomes soft and spongy.
Hope you all like it and give it a try .Eat homemade food only during this time and enjoy with your family members. Bye😊