Hi friends, I’m here again with an amazing snack of Mithila that is ‘Masoor dal kachri‘. In Mithila it is best evening crispy snack which is usually served with chura bhuja (sauteed poha) and murhi.It is specially my favorite snack. It is deep fried but you can see it absorbes very less oil so it is healthy also.
Childhood Memories with Masoor dal kachri:-
I still remember during my childhood when i visit my village we all have it like it is the most best thing in world and enjoy it. We desperately wait for the evening so that we can have it .My father bring kachri from chowk (Market) and we take it and go to the terrace and have it together .
Method of making Masoor dal kachri:-
- Soak Masoor dal for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour blend it in mixer grinder without water.
- Now peel and chop the onions and separate the flakes and cut 1 green chilli.
- Take 1 separate bowl and put Masoor dal batter.
- Now add chopped onions, green chili and 1tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Now add 1/2tsp turmeric powder, 1/2tsp red chilly powder and salt as per your taste.
- Mix them with your hands without adding any water and make a batter.
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Put small -small parts of batter and start frying it on medium flame until it becomes golden brown.
Take it out from oil and serve it with Murhi (rice puffs) or chura .you can also have it with tea.
Looks yummy 😋
[…] Mithila food and Bari gravy […]
[…] Masoor dal kachri […]
[…] Masoor dal Kachri – Mithila Evening snack […]