Hi everyone, hope you all are doing good. Today’s recipe is ‘Dal pithi’ . This dish, hailing from the heart of India, combines the wholesome goodness of lentils with the comforting texture of dumplings.
This dish is very famous in u.p(uttar pardesh) and bihar . People of these start loved to cook this dish on a regular basis.
This dish don’t need any type of additives because it’s a whole some food itself and it can be served as lunch or dinner.
Lets explore the art of making Dal Pithi with our easy-to-follow recipe. From preparing the perfect lentil soup to crafting soft dumplings, we’ve got your culinary adventure covered. Elevate your dining experience with this traditional Indian
Steps to make Dal pithi:-
- First take 1bowl of toor dal (arhar dal) in a pressure cooker. Now add some water and wash the dal throughly.
- After washing the dal add 1.5 glass of water, 1/2tsp turmeric powder and salt.
- Boil the dal until it become soft and easily mashed.
- On the other hand let’s start making the pithi. Take 1bowl of wheat flour and start kneading the soft dough with the help of water.
- When a medium soft dough is ready then divide the dough into small portions.
- Now take 1portion and roll it out into a roti.
- With the help of glass or a katori cut small rotis from a big roti and start giving them a flower shape.
- Repeat the previous 2steps and make all the pithi.
- Now start making the tadka . Heat 1tsp of ghee in the kadhai.
- Add 1/2tsp of cumin seeds and pinch of hing.
- Add 1chopped onion , 1chopped green chilli and 1chopped tomato in kadhai.
- Now add all the dry spices i . e 1/2tsp turmeric powder, 1/2tsp red chilli powder and 1/2tsp coriander powder with some salt.
- Mix all the spices with onion and add some water . Cook it for 5mins.
- When you see tomatoes and onions become soft then add boiled dal and some water.
- Now add all the pithi and cover it with lid.
- Cook the dal pithi for about 10 – 15mins or until pithi becomes soft.
- At the end add handful of coriander leaves and serve it.