Hi friends,how are you all ? Today’s Recipe is ‘punjabi rajma masala’ . Rajma is the most common and popular dish of India. It is a kidney beans which is cooked in a curry.
It is a tradition to cook rajma and chawal on Sunday in punjabi family. I still remember during my childhood my friend bring rajma chawal in her lunch box and how much I love to eat it.
Rajma chawal itself is enough to satisfy anyone hungry. We don’t need anything else with them. It is one of my favorite dish .
So let’s start the recipe rajma.
- Rajma (kidney beans)
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 Tomatoes paste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilli
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 cloves
- 1/2tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing
- 1/2tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- Salt as per your taste
Method of making punjabi rajma masala
- First soak the rajma for about 4-5 hrs before cooking or overnight in enough water.
- Now boil the rajma in pressure cooker with 1 bay leaf , 3-4 cloves and some salt. Pressure cook them around 5-6 whistle.
- After boiling the rajma start making its curry and for that heat some oil in the pan.
- Put some cumin seeds, pinch of hing and chopped onions start stirring them.
- After sometime add ginger garlic paste into it and cook it.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder coriander powder, amchur powder and tomato paste and start stirring it.
- After it get cooked add the boiled rajma and mix it properly.
- Now add some water and salt in it .
- Cook it until its curry gets thick.
- Your rajma masala is ready to serve.
Points to remember
- While adding salt to the curry remember it is already used in boiling process. So be careful while adding salt.
- Do not forget to soak the rajma.
- You can also use onion paste while making this recipe.
[…] Punjabi Rajma Masala […]