Hi friends,hope you all are doing good.Today’s recipe is ‘baigan ka bharta’ . There are many different types of bharta which we all know but when we say baigan bharta. It just increase our hunger and makes us eat some extra chapati.
Baigan ka bharta, also known as roasted eggplant curry, is a beloved vegetarian dish hailing from the heart of India. This traditional recipe is bursting with rich flavors and aromas that will transport your taste buds to the vibrant streets of the subcontinent. Made with smoky roasted eggplants, aromatic spices, and a blend of tangy and earthy flavors, baigan ka bharta is a delightful culinary experience that will leave you craving for more. In this blog post, we will explore the step-by-step process of creating this delicious and satisfying dish. So, let’s dive into the world of baigan ka bharta and discover the magic of its flavors.
Steps to follow for making baigan ka bharta:-
1step:- Roasting the baigan
- Take one large eggplant (baigan) and coat it with oil . Now make small incisions all over using a knife or fork. This helps the eggplant to cook evenly and infuses a smoky flavor in it.
- Put some garlic gloves in these incisions . It will give a nice flavor and the garlic gloves are also got roasted with it.
- Char a eggplant directly over an open flame on gas stove or grill ,turning them occasionally for even roasting .
2 step :- Preparing the Bharta
- Once the eggplant is roasted, allow it to cool down completely. Then peel off the charred skin and discard it.
3 step :- Cooking the bharta
- Heat 2tsp of oil in the kadhai.
- Add 1/2tsp of cumin seeds and let them sputter.
- Add 1chopped green chilli and 1chopped onion. Now saute it until they turn translucent.
- Now add the chopped and roasted garlic gloves and mix well.
- After stirring it add pinch of turmeric powder, pinch of red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Mix them all together and add 2chopped tomatoes in it.
- Afte adding the tomatoes give a good stir to it and cook it for 5mins by covering it or until tomatoes turn soft.
- When tomatoes turned soft then add the roasted and peeled eggplant (baigan) in it.
- Mashed the eggplant with the help of spatula and mix it well with the masala. Now add pinch of kashmiri red chilli powder .
- Cook it for 5-7mins and allow the flavor to blend. Sprinkle some freshly chopped coriander leaves .
- Your bharta is ready to serve. Serve it with roti, paratha or whatever you like it.