Hi friends,hope you all are doing good.Today’s recipe is ‘dahi chicken curry ‘ . This recipe of chicken curry is something different from others chicken curry.
Dahi chicken curry is different style chicken curry which we can prepare it with simple ingredients at home itself and enjoy it.
The main ingredient of this dish is dahi which is available at home or you can also use ready to use dahi I.e market dahi.
So let’s start making it…..
Steps to follow while making dahi chicken curry:-
- Take a big bowl and put 500gm washed chicken pieces into it.
- Now add 2tsp dahi (curd) , 1/2tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp red chilli powder and 1/2tsp corriander powder. Mix it properly and let it rest for 30mins.
- After 30mins heat 4tsp oil in Kadhi and add 1/2tsp cumin seeds, 1 bay leaf, 2 green chilli, 4to5 black pepper and 4to5 laung (cloves)in it.
- Add 250gm chopped onions, 4to5 garlic gloves.
- Now add marinated chicken and 1tsp ginger garlic paste in it.
- Stir the chicken pieces and cook it for 10mins.
- Now add 1/2tsp turmeric powder, 1/2tsp red chilli powder,1tsp corriander powder and salt to taste in it.
- when you see chicken is cooked and onions become soft then add water for gravy.
- Mix it properly and add 1small packet of chicken curry masala and 1tsp garam masala powder in it. Give a good stir to it.
- Cover the chicken with lid and cook it until you get desired consistency of gravy.
- After 20mins of cooking chicken curry is ready to serve.Add corriander leaves and serve it with roti or rice.
Points to remember:-
- After marinating the chicken leave it for 30mins atleast.
- If you don’t want any gravy in chicken you can also cook it without adding any water.