Hi friends,how are you all? Hope you all are doing good. Today’s recipe is ‘Methi paratha’ . Paratha is basically north Indian dish. The most interesting part of paratha is you can make many types of paratha.
What is paratha?
Paratha is a simple layered flatbread which is prepared by wheat flour. It can be of many type like stuffed paratha, plan paratha etc. You can have it in breakfast or dinner also.
As you all know how much I love parathas specially in winters. Methi paratha is something which we can prepare easily. There is no mess of making separate stuffing and then filling it
- Methi leaves – 1bowl
- Wheat flour – 2bowl
- Ajwain – 1tsp
- Salt – 1/2tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1/2tsp
- Oil – 1tsp
- water for making dough
- Ghee for frying paratha
How to make dough for methi paratha:-
- First pluck the methi leaves from stems.
- Now wash methi and roughly chopped it.
- After that take a big bowl and put wheat flour, ajwain, red chili powder ,salt ,oil and chopped methi leaves in it.
- Now mix them together and start making dough by adding little water at a time. Cover the dough and leave it for 15 minutes.
How to make paratha-:
- Now take a small portion of dough and make it round shape.
- Cover it with dry flour start rolling into round shape like a roti.
- Heat the tava and put the paratha on it and cook it.
- When you see your paratha is half cooked from one side then flip it and cook it from other side also.
- When paratha is half cooked then apply ghee on both sides of it and start cooking it.
- Your methi paratha is ready.
- Repeat the steps and make more parathas.
Points to remember while making methi paratha:-
- Always wash the methi leaves before chopping it .
- Make the dough loose like roti dough