Hi friends,hope you all are doing good.Today’s recipe is ‘jeera rice’ . This Sunday morning I had very busy schedule so I thought to make something very simple yet delicious and very less time consuming.
On that moment I just don’t stress myself and start cooking this rice without any second thought.
Jeera rice is the dish which contains cumin seeds and some whole spices.The best thing about this rice is that it is loved by all age group people.
We can have it with different types of meals without any second thought. The flavor of cumin seeds in rice makes it very tasty and it also brings different flavor in it.
So let’s start making it….
Steps to follow while making jeera rice:-
- Take 1glass of rice in a big bowl and wash it with water.
- Heat 2tsp ghee in pressure cooker.
- Now add 2tsp cumin seeds, 1dalcheeni, 2small cardamom, 1big cardamom ,1 bay leaf and 1dry red chilli in it.
- When you see all spices are sauteed then add 1chopped onion in it.
- Start stirring the onions until it becomes soft. Now add washed rice in it.
- Stir the rice for 2-3mins and then add 1.5glass of water in it. Mix it properly.
- Now add salt to taste in it and mix it properly. I have used 1tsp of salt in it.
- After mixing it close the pressure cooker and cook it until 1whistle. When 1whistle comes close gas flame and wait to release the pressure itself. When pressure releases open the cooker and check it .
- Now give a good stir to it and take out whole spices from it.
- Your jeera rice is ready to serve.Serve it dal , sabji or whatever you like it.