Hi friends,hope you all doing good.Today’s recipe is ‘jeera rice’ . We all love to have rice in our meal. But as you all know having some simple rice makes us bore. We all want some change in our meal.
Now don’t worry this simple recipe helps you to make your rice more tasty and healthy also. From this simple and easy recipe you can prepare it in your home itself.
Jeera rice is very easy to cook it at home with just simple ingredients and simple steps which we have to follow while making it.
so let’s start the recipe…
- Rice – 1glass
- Chopped onions- 1
- Jeera (cumin seeds) – 2tsp
- Elachi badi- 1, choti- 2
- Dalcheeni – 1
- Dry red chilly- 1
- Tej patta-1
- Ghee- 1tsp
Steps of follow while making jeera rice :-
- Wash the rice with normal water and put it aside.
- Heat the ghee in pressure cooker and put the jeera in it.
- Now add dry red chilli ,tej patta and both elachi choti and badi in it.
- Add chopped onions and stir it for 5 minutes.
- After the onions become soft add the washed rice in it and mix it properly.
- Now add 2 glass of water in it with the same which we have used for measuring the rice.
- Add the salt and mix it.
- When you get 1 whistle close the gas flame and wait to release the pressure itself.
- Now open the pressure cooker and mix it properly. If you wish you can take out the elachi , tej patta and dry red chilly.
- Your jeera rice is ready to serve.Serve it with dal, chole or any other dish.
Points to remember while making rice:-
- Use the glass or bowl for measuring the rice and water.
- Don’t hurry to open the pressure cooker after whistle. Always wait for pressure to release itself otherwise rice will not cooked properly.