Hi everyone,hope you all are doing good.Today’s recipe is ‘sattu paratha’ . The word Sattu takes our mind a special state which is Bihar.
Yes bihar is the only state where you find people having Sattu in their meal . Sattu is made from roasted chana which is full of fiber and protein.
Sattu can be taken in different ways . Example:- you can have it Sattu drink in summer ,You can make it stuffing for paratha which is I am going to tell you.
Sattu paratha is most delicious and healthier paratha you all can have . It is very easy to make at home because sattu atta is easily available at shops now.
So let’s start making it.
Steps to follow while making Sattu paratha:-
- Take 2bowls of wheat flour in a big bowl.
- Add 1tsp salt, 1/2tsp kasturi methi and 1tsp of ghee.
- Mix all the ingredients together and start adding water in it.
- Now make a medium soft dough with it.
- Let the dough rest for 5mins. Meanwhile let’s prepare stuffing for paratha.
- Take 1small bowl of Sattu in medium bowl.
- Add 1chopped onion,1tsp chopped garlic gloves, 1chopped green chilli, some coriander leaves and 1tsp chopped ginger.
- Now add 1/2tsp salt or salt to taste, 1tsp homemade pickle masala and 1/2tsp caram seeds.
- Mix all the ingredients with the help of your hands in Sattu.
- You Sattu stuffing for paratha is ready.
- Now let’s start making paratha.
- Take 1portion of dough and round shape bowl like a katori.
- Fill 1tsp of Sattu stuffing in it.
- Now coat it with dry flour and start rolling it in anti clockwise direction with the help rolling pin.
- When you get your desired size of paratha stop rolling it.
- Now put the paratha on hot tava and start cooking it.
- Flip the paratha after 2mins or when you see the color of paratha is changing little bit.
- Now cook the paratha from other side also and then apply some ghee on paratha.
- After applying the ghee on both sides cook it for 2mins more.
- Repeat the previous steps and make all the paratha.
- Your Sattu paratha is ready to serve.Serve it with dahi, chatni , sabji or pickle. It taste great with all of it.