Hi friends,hope you all doing good.Today’s recipe is ‘Karela Bharwa’ . We all love Bharwa dishes but the love for karela Bharwa is different from others. And it is also very demanding dish in our house.
Though karela (bittergurd) is bitter in taste but it gives lots of health benefits to our body. You all must have prepared karela Bharwa but today I going to share a little different recipe of this dish.
In this recipe you don’t need any thread to tie the karela bharwa so that stuffing wouldn’t come out. This recipe is as simple as my other recipes but yes it tastes amazing. So let’s start making it.
- Karela- 4
- Tomatoes- 2
- Garlic gloves- 7to8
- Yellow mustard seeds- 2tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Black pepper- 4to5
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilly powder-1tsp
- Corriander powder- 2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 4tsp
- Raw mangoes- 2small
Steps to follow for making karela bharwa:-
- First wash the karela and cut it into 2parts . Now put tha Kadhi on gas with some water and karela along with some salt in it .
- After boiling it let it cool down and then take out seeds with the help of spoon from the boiled karela.
- Take the grinder jar and put onions, tomatoes, seeds of karela, garlic gloves, yellow mustard seeds, black pepper and cumin seeds in it.
- Now make paste of them by grinding them together.
- Heat the oil in Kadhi and put the masala paste in it.
- Add all the spices i.e. turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix them together.
- Peel off the raw mango and grate it.
- When you see your masala is ready at movement add the grated raw mangoes in it.
- Now just give it nice stir and mix it properly.
- Wait for masala to cool down. When it is complete cool down then start filling it in boiled karela with the help of spoon.
- After filling it heat the oil in pan and start frying them until they gets good texture over the karela.
- Your karela Bharwa is ready to serve. Serve it with roti, rice anything you like.
Points to remember:-
- During boiling the karela don’t forget to add salt in the water.
- When masala cools down completely then only start filling it in karela.
- During frying them down overcrowd them in pan.