Hi friends,hope you all are doing good.Today’s recipe is ‘gajar halwa’ . December is the last month of the year which we all want to spend peacefully and want to create some sweet memories
This is the time of the year when we all start preparing ourselves to welcome new year and its celebrate .
so why not to make something sweet and special to celebrate it.
Gajar halwa is the dish which we all love to eat . So I thought to share the recipe of gajar halwa which is very simple yet delicious in taste.
Let’s start making it…..
Steps to follow while making gajar halwa are:-
- Take fresh clean and washed red gajar (carrot). I have taken 1kg gajar.
- Start grating them with the medium grater.
- After grating them all heat 4tsp ghee in the Kadhi.
- Now add 4 elachi (cardamom) in it. You can also add 1tsp elachi (cardamom) powder in it.
- Add grated gajar (carrot) and start stirring it.
- Cook it until it becomes soft and reduces its quantity also.
- Now add 1/2l milk. You can use any milk (full cream, cow milk or toned milk) whatever you like it. I have used full cream milk.
- Now start cooking it again and stir it occasionally.
- Cook it on medium flame until you see milk reduces its quantity.
- Add some dry fruits of your choice and again mix it properly.
- Now add sugar to taste . I have added 1/2 small bowl (around 250gm ) sugar in it.
- Cook it until you get your desired consistency of halwa or until the moisture of halwa is gone down. It may take around 1hrs to get that consistency.
- Halwa is ready to serve.Serve it hot and enjoy it with your family.
Points to remember:-
- Always used fresh grated gajar (carrot) to make halwa otherwise the halwa become black in color.
- Don’t put grated gajar (carrot) in fridge for long time.