Hi everyone,hope you all are doing good. As you all know winters are going to be end soon so I thought to share one of my favorite winter recipe I.e ‘Matar ka nimona’ .
In India during winters market is full of green vegetable like leafy vegetables, green peas and many more. The best part of this time that you can enjoy them in many forms of dishes.
Matar ka nimona is green peas curry which is prepared in minimal spices and oil . You can also make it with frozen peas but the taste of fresh peas in this dish is more delicious. The preparing method of this dish is also very easy.
So let’s start making it..
Steps to follow while making matar ka nimona:-
- Heat 2tsp mustard oil in kadhai and add 2chopped potatoes in it.
- Start frying the potatoes on the medium flame.
- On the other side take grinder jar and add fresh 1bowl peas . Make a coarse paste without adding any water.
- Now in the same grinder jar add handful of coriander leaves, 1green chilli, 3to4 garlic gloves, 3black pepper, 1/2tsp cumin seeds and 1inch ginger. Make a fine paste by adding some water.
- Meanwhile potatoes are done take them out from kadhai and add matar paste in the kadhai and start frying it too.
- When the matar paste is ready you can see it separate from each other. Take them out from kadhai.
- Heat 1tsp mustard oil in the same kadhai. Add 1chopped tomatoes and the coriander leaves paste.
- After stirring for 5mins add 1/4tsp turmeric powder, 1/2tsp coriander powder and 1/2tsp roasted cumin seeds powder.
- Mix all the spices for 5mins then add some water.
- When it starts boiling add fried potatoes , some fresh peas and the fried matar paste .
- Now add some salt and cook it for 5mins. Or until you get the desired consistency of the gravy.
- After 5mins open the lid and add 1/2tsp garam masala powder and cook it for 2mins more.
- Your matar ka nimona is ready to serve.Serve it rice. It taste great with rice .