Hi friends, hope you all are good. Today’s recipe is Masaledar bhindi. This masala bhindi (Okra) is easy to cook. It is semi dry fried recipe with onions and tomatoes with some spices. It is a north Indian dish which goes very well with roti or chapati and you can also eat it with chawal and dal. Bhindi is also called lady finger which we learn in our school days and I remember how I used to draw paintings with lady finger in my school days and enjoy it with my friends.
- Bhindi is rich in nutrients and it is benifical in controlling the diabeties of a patient because my mother is a diabetic patient and doctors has advice her to bhindi.
- It helps during pregnancy and cancer also.
- Wash the bhindi (Okra) and cut them into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in the pan and semi fry the bhindi (Okra).
- Take out semi fried bhindi and put some more oil in the pan and heat it.
- Now put some cumin seeds and add 1 medium chopped onions and crushed ginger garlic and mix it properly and cook it on medium flame for 4-5mins. until it becpmes brown.
- Now add all the dry spices into it and mix it properly and cook it with lid.
- After 5 to 10 mins of cooking add 2 medium chopped tomatoes into it and pinch of salt so that tomatoes becomes soft fast and Cook them on medium flame until it becomes soft and crunchy and now add semi fried bhindi (Okra) and salt as per your taste and cook it on low flame for about 15 mins.
Points to remember during making of masaledar bhindi:-
- Wash bhindi before cutting it because it has sticky texture and after cutting and washing it will become sticky.
- Cook it only medium flame otherwise it will not turn crunchy.
- Remember to use salt properly otherwise it becomes salty.