Hi friends,hope you all are doing good.Today’s recipe is ‘Chana dal or aloo sabji’ . Thus sabji is different from others sabji and it is very easy to cook.
We all know or different types of pulses and in different forms also which is a good thing. Because having a regular dal is quite boring sometimes.
So I thought why not to share my recipe of chanadal which is prepared in the form of sabji .
Chana dal or aloo sabji is very easy to cook at home with basic ingredients which is easily available and it taste delicious.
Let’s start the recipe….
- Take a pressure cooker and put it on gas. Heat 2tsp of oil in it.
- After that add 1/2tsp of cumin seeds in it and let it crackle.
- Add 1 chopped onions. Mix it properly.
- Now add dry spices ( 1tsp turmeric powder, 1/2tsp red chilli powder, 1tsp corriander powder and salt to taste) and mix it again.
- Add 1 chopped tomatoes and again mix it properly.
- Add 2 chopped potatoes (aloo) and cook it for sometime.
- Now add soaked chana dal and cook it for 10mins.
- Add the water for gravy and 1/2tsp garam masala powder. Cover pressure cooker with its lid. Cook it up to 4whistle.
- After 4 whistle close the gas flame and wait until it releases its pressure itself.
- Chanadal or aloo sabji is ready to serve. Serve it with roti or rice. It taste delicious with both the thing.
- Soaked chana dal for atleast 2 hours before cooking.
- Open the pressure cooker when its pressure release itself.
- You can also have it as a dal .