Hi friends,hope you all are doing good.Today’s recipe is ‘chanadal or aloo sabji’ . We all love to eat dal but sometimes it becomes boaring to eat or make it same kind of dal everyday. So I thought to share the recipe of this form of dal which is you can serve it as a sabji or dal whatever you like it.
Chanadal or aloo sabji is very simple yet delicious dish of Indian food. It can be prepared in many ways but I am going to share a very simple method to make it. It taste delicious with both (rice or roti).
Steps to follow while making chanadal or aloo sabji:-
- Take 1bowl of soaked chanadal.
- Heat 2tsp of oil in the pressure cooker and add 1/2tsp cumin seeds. I have used mustard oi you can also use any other cooking oil.
- Add 1chopped onion in it.
- Stir the onions for 2mins and then add aloo the spices ( 1tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp red chilli powder, 2tsp corriander powder and salt to taste) in it.
- Add 1chopped tomatoes and mix it properly.
- when the tamatar becomes soft then add chopped potatoes in it.
- Mix it for 5mins and then add soaked chanadal in it.
- Cook it until you see it start sticking to the bottom and while cooking it stir it occasionally.
- Now add some water and 1tsp of garam masala powder. Close the pressure cooker and wait for 3whistle to come.
- After 3whistle close the gas flame and let the pressure release itself . When you see the pressure is released then open the pressure cooker.
- Give a nice stir to the sabji . Your sabji is ready to serve.Serve it with roti or rice whatever you like it. It taste great with both of these.
Points to remember:-
- Always soak chanadal for 4to5 hrs before cooking it.
- Add 1/2tsp of ghee in sabji it will increase its taste.