Hi friends, how are you all? Today’s recipe is ‘crispy aloo shimla mirch‘. As you all know aloo is very common vegetable which goes perfectly with every vegetable. Children or an adult both of them loved it equally.
Potatoes and capsicum are very common and very tasty. We can have it with roti or rice both. Capsicum is very good for our health.
- Aloo – 2
- Shimla mirch – 2
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2tsp
- Gram masala – 1/2tsp
- Salt – as per your taste
Preparation for aloo shimla mirch
- Chopped potatoes, capsicum and onion in small pieces.
- Take some ginger garlic and make paste .
- Take 1 tomato and chopped it into small pieces.
Method of cooking crispy aloo shimla mirch
- Heat a pan and put 2tsp of oil in it.
- Put the cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Now put chopped onions and let it fry.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix it.
- Now add all the dry spices except gram masala and mix it until it get cooked.
- Add chopped potatoes and mix it properly and cover it with lid.
- After 5 mins open it and add chopped tomatoes and some salt as per your taste and then again cover it with lid.
- When the potatoes get half cooked add capsicum and put gram masala. Now mix it properly and let it cook for 5 – 6 mins on a slow flame.
- After 5-6 mins of cooking your crispy aloo shimla mirch is ready to serve . You can serve it with roti or rice.
Points to remember
- Shimla mirch cooks very fast so don’t cook it more than 5-6 mins.
- Cook it only medium slow flame.
- Add shimla mirch after aloo gets halfway cook.
Hope you all like my recipes and give it a try.