Hi friends,hope you all are doing good.Today’s recipe is ‘vegetable khichdi’ . Khichdi is the food item which is not loved by all. But in India makarshakranti is the festival which is celebrated by eating khichdi.
so I thought why not to share my recipe of khichdi because at my home all people love this khichdi and they also enjoy eating it.
vegetable khichdi recipe is very simple and it is full of veggies which is best thing of this recipe. You can also add your favorite vegetable in it.
so let’s start the recipe….
Steps to follow while making vegetable khichdi:-
- Heat 2tsp of oil in the pressure cooker.
- Add 1/2tsp cumin seeds, 1bay leaf and 1inch dalcheeni.
- Now add 1chopped onion, 4to5 chopped garlic gloves,1tsp crushed ginger and 1green chilli.
- Mix all of them together and then add chopped vegetables of your choice. I have added 200gm chopped cauliflower, 2chopped potatoes and 1/2bowl of peas in it.
- Now give a nice stir to the veggies and put all the dry spices i.e 1/2tsp turmeric powder, 1.5tsp corriander powder and 1tsp red chilli powder in it.
- Cook the veggies for 4-5mins. Meanwhile take the 1glass of rice and 1.5glass of pulses whatever you like it. I have used moong dal, arhar dal and red masoor dal in this recipe.
- Now wash it for 2to3 times.
- Add 1chopped tomato in half cooked veggies and stir it.
- Now add washed rice and pulses in it.
- Cook all of them for 2minutes and keep stirring it.
- Now add the 2glass of water, 1tsp garam salt powder and salt to taste. I have used 2tsp of salt in it.
- Close the pressure cooker and wait for 2whistle.
- When the pressure cooker releases its pressure itself then open it and give a nice stir to the khichdi. If you see the consistency of khichdi is thick then add some water at that point itself and salt also.
- Your vegetable khichdi is ready to serve.Serve it with papad, chatni, dahi whatever you like it.