Hi everyone,hope you all are doing good.Today’s we are going to explore the vibrant street food of Mumbai through the lens of classic dish which is ‘Pav bhaji’ . We all love to eat street food because its taste which is different from regular food.
Pav bhaji is the street food we all love to eat but making it is quite difficult for us . So I thought to share my secret recipe which is quite simple and easy to make.
So let’s start making it.
Steps to follow while making pav bhaji:-
- Heat 2tsp oil and 1tsp cumin seeds in pressure cooker.
- Add all your favorite chopped veggies ( I have used 2chopped potatoes, 1/2bowl chopped cauliflower, 1chopped carrots, 2green chilli, 1chopped tomatoes, 1bowl matar and 1Beetroot) and saute them for 2mins.
- Add 1/2tsp salt and 1/2tsp turmeric powder with some water in it. Close the pressure cooker and cook it up to 3whistle.
- Now heat 1tsp oil and some butter in kadhai.
- Add 2chopped onions and fry it until it becomes soft.
- Now add 1tsp ginger garlic paste and mix it well.
- Add 1tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder and 1tsp pav bhaji masala.
- Now add 1/2tsp coriander powder and 1/2tsp kasturi methi. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Open the pressure cooker check the vegetables and give a good stir to it.
- Add the cooked vegetables with gravy in the kadhai.
- Start cooking the vegetables with spices and also mashed it with spatula or you can use potato masher.
- when you get the desire consistency of your bhaji then add some salt, butter and fresh coriander leaves in it.
- Now cook the bhaji for some more time till then let’s start toasting the pav .
- Heat some butter on tava and put the pav on it.
- Roast the pav from both sides and then add some coriander leaves.
- Your pav bhaji is ready to serve.Serve it hot with some onion and lemon.
Point to remember:-
- Add Beetroot it will give natural color to your bhaji instead of food color.
- coriander powder is totally optional if you wish you can skip it.