Hi friends,how are you all? Hope you all are doing good and cooking some delicious recipes. As the third wave of covid hit us. So it becomes our responsibility to make sure safety of ourselves and others also by following the safety standards. Now lets talk about today’s recipe which is ‘Masala khichdi ‘.
As you all know Makar sankranti is here and it is a tradition to have khichdi on that day. I know when we come to know that we have to eat khichdi as a meal for a day we try to make excuses that we are not hungry, khichdi is for ill people and many more.
So I thought why not to share my favorite masala khichdi recipe which is tasty as well as healthy and easy to prepare also. Khichdi takes place in your favorite food list.You all must be thinking how come khichdi becomes tasty.
Believe me if you guys prepare it the way which I am going to tell your khichdi because delicious and everyone going to love it.
So let’s start the recipe.
- Rice -1/2 bowl
- Mixed pulses -1/4bowl
- vegetables of your choice- 1 bowl
- Chopped onions – 1
- Crushed ginger garlic – 1tsp
- Chopped tomatoes – 1
- Green chilli – 1
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1tsp
- Red chilly powder- 1/2tsp
- Garam masala – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Tej patta – 1
- Oil – 2tsp
- ghee – 1tsp
- salt as per your taste
Steps to follow for making masala khichdi are:-
- First wash rice and pulses separately and put it side.
- Heat the oil in pressure cooker and put cumin seeds with tej patta and let the cumin seeds crackle.
- Now add chopped onions with crushed ginger garlic and mix them.
- Put the chopped vegetables when you see onions become soft and start stirring around 5 mins.
- Now put all spices with chopped tomatoes expect garam masala and salt.
- After 10 mins of stirring them add the pulses and rice in it .
- When mixture start sticking in the cooker put the water and salt with garam masala and ghee. Now cook it until 2 whistle.
- Your masala khichdi is ready to serve. Serve it hot with papad and some pickles .
Points to remember:-
- Always put water double of rice and pulses mixture. It will not become thick in texture.
- Before closing the cooker put the ghee it will taste amazing.